Created the posts? Posted it regularly? But still wondering where your engagement, leads, clicks, and clients go? Now you might ask: when is the best time to post on social media?
Well, amidst all the social media buzz and posting scenario – have you ever wondered how you will stand out from 2.3 billion users?
Just by creating the highly interactive content? NO! When it comes to social media, timing along with a proper schedule is everything. There is no point in putting all the time and effort if you’re not posting it at the right time.
What are the best times to post on social media?
Simple! Whenever your audience is most likely to see the post and engage with it.
But… People browse various social media platforms differently. Moreover, there are different “best times to post” for every social media channel. For example, the tweets at Twitter perform the best at 3 p.m., while Instagram’s certain posts do well at 2 a.m.
Best time to post on Facebook
With 1.4 billion active users, Facebook simply reigns the world of social media. 93% of the business marketers use this platform regularly, hence, it tops the choice when it comes to social media advertising.
But still, it’s not easy to reach your targeted audience with this big customer base! With the ever-changing algorithms, users tend to see posts from friends rather than the business pages.
So how do you plan on appearing in organic searches?
Go for these time slots:
- Thursday is the best day to post on Facebook.
- On an average, the best time to post is 1 – 4 p.m. as the click-through rates are proven to be highest at this time.
- During the entire week, the best time to post is on Wednesday at 3 p.m., and in between 1 – 4 p.m. on Thursdays and Fridays.
- Saturday has the least amount of engagement on Facebook. Even early morning and evenings have very less engagement.
- The worst times to post are on weekends before 8 a.m. and after 8 p.m. But you can definitely post in between 12 – 1 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
These time slots show that most engagement is during the ‘lunch breaks’ on Wednesday and Thursdays. So it is best to try this time for your business.
Best time to post on Twitter
These days, Twitter is used like a digital newspaper. With more than 350,000 tweets in one day, handling the engagement on this channel comes as a daunting task on its own.
Figuring out the best time is also important because of the short-lived nature of tweets. Moreover, users treat it like the RSS feed, and hence, only use it for the shorter time frames like commutes, breaks, and so on.
So the best time slots to post on Twitter are:
- The best times to tweet is around 12 – 3 p.m. with a sweet spot at 5 p.m., considering that people will use it during the evening commute.
- Weekdays always tend to perform strongly when it comes to Twitter.
- In case, if you aim for the retweets of your post, go for the evening and afternoon time slots including 3 p.m., and between 5 – 6 p.m.
Best time to post on Instagram
Before you check the timings for Instagram, remember that it is only meant for use on mobile devices.
Currently, more than 70% of US businesses use Instagram and this number is expected to rise with every passing day. Moreover, there are more than 90% of the users who follow business through the application, so how do you reach them in the best way possible?
Undoubtedly by posting on the right timing!
- Thursday is the best time to post on Instagram and Sunday is the least engaging day for the same.
- The best time slots are 3 a.m. on Wednesday, 5 a.m., 11 a.m., and 3 to 4 p.m. on Thursday, and 5 am on Friday.
- The best time to post the videos is 9 p.m. to 8 a.m. on any day of the week.
Other high engagement days include the middle of days on weekdays. However, the statistics fall dramatically on Sunday and Monday mornings.
Best time to post on LinkedIn
Linkedin is a professional network, so posting during the working hours is the way to go. But more than half of the LinkedIn users visit their profile less than once in a week.
So, the trick is simple! Your posts need to be clear, and should deliver a crisp message at the right time.
- Wednesday is the right time to post on LinkedIn.
- Try to post in the middle of the week i.e., between Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- If you are aiming for a high click through rate in the posts, post when people are on their morning or evening commute. These time slots are between 7:30 – 8:30 a.m., 5 – 6 p.m., and during the afternoon, which is near 2 p.m.
Best time to post on Google+
This debate is always on – whether the marketers should post on Google+ or not, or, is it a platform worth investing or not.
Well, you should definitely post on Google+ platform! But make sure that if you use it, you should use it effectively, and post the right content on the optimal times.
The best time to post and gather engagement on this social media platform is:
- The users seem to be most active on Google+ during the start of the day between 9 – 11 a.m. Especially on Wednesdays around 9 a.m.
- You can also see a high success rate if you post during the lunch hours, which is between 12 – 1 p.m.
Best time to post on Pinterest
According to the study published by Pew Research Center, only 26% of the users are active on this platform daily. So the best times to post on Pinterest are:
- Saturday evenings are said to be the best time to post, especially between 8 – 11 p.m.
- You can also try posting on the second half of Friday afternoon, which is around 3 p.m.
Along with following the above time-frames, you should also keep experimenting to find out what works best for your business.
So, there you have it, social media marketers! Now you know when the best time for posting on social media is. Happy pinning, posting, and tweeting!